COVID-19 Safety at Primary Dental
Your safety is our #1 priority at all times, and especially during these unprecedented times of the coronavirus pandemic.
Primary Dental is a trusted dental care destination for families and patients of all ages – from children to seniors. We have established strict protocols for personal protective equipment (PPE), sanitization, filtration, pre-screening and social distancing to ensure a safe experience for our patients and staff.
Dr. Kavita Shah, is aware of the enormous amount of trust you place in us for providing dental care during these times and is grateful for the opportunity to serve you.
Detailed information about safety protocols in each of the above mentioned categories is provided in the following section.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
At Primary Dental, our staff is now using these items as part of the overall PPE to ensure everyone’s safety:
- N95 masks
- Level 3 masks
- Surgical gowns
- Face shields
Pre Screening & Social Distancing
To minimize exposure to the virus, we have implemented:
- Pre-screening of all patients for COVID-19 symptoms through a digital form.
- Temperature check using an infrared thermometer when entering the ofifce.
- No waiting in the reception area for more than one person at a time. We ask that you call us from your car after arriving in the parking lot and we can take you directly to the operatory.
- Removal of shareable material, such as magazines, from the waiting area.
Digital and Touchless Options
To enhance safety and minimize touch, we have eliminated paper as much as possible.
- All patient forms are now fully digital. You can fill out forms on your own device or use our tablets in office (which are sanitized after each use).
- All patient records are now fully digital.
- Touchless payment options are available upon request.
- We offer same-day crowns which only require one visit to the office. All impressions and moulds are digital eliminating the need for gooey impression materials.
Sanitization and Filtration
We have added these equipment and protocols:
- Medical grade, true HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters in every operatory.
- Dry shields used for reduction of aerosols.
- Multiple hand sanitization stations.
- Hard surfaces wiped and disinfected multiple times throughout the day.